Vacancy: Senior global market researcher (quantitative) at Glocalities
Think Global, Act Local
Do you want to help international companies grow in a sustainable way? Do you aspire to understand the disruptive change that is going on in markets around the world? Do you love putting your research skills to the test?
Then join the Glocalities team in Amsterdam and provide our international clients with actionable insights!
Glocalities takes international market research one step further by effectively applying our state-of-the-art values segmentation and persuasive communications insights for reaching international audiences. With the Glocalities program, which has been on the market since 2014, we serve both premium brands as well as newcomers in a multitude of sectors (e.g. FMCG, charity, durables, finance as well as the public sector).
The Glocalities database consists of consumer data out of >50 countries (and growing). With the use of the insights from this database we help our clients target their audiences and develop distinctive marketing activities and communication (advertising) that resonates with the values of the target group.
Is it you we are looking for?
We need an experienced global (senior) researcher who can acquire, set up and manage quantitative research projects. This means your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing multi-country projects with support of an international research team.
- Reaching out to new clients and building long lasting relationships with existing clients.
- Creating winning research proposals.
- Coordinating fieldwork and other day-to-day activities of international research projects.
- Analyzing data and looking for impactful ‘stories’ in the research results.
- Preparing and writing (visually attractive) reports.
Our ideal candidate fits the following profile:
- You have 7+ years of experience as an international Market Researcher, with excellent quantitative research, analysis, reporting, and presentation skills to prove it.
- You have a natural curiosity for understanding why consumers worldwide think what they think and do what they do.
- You have experience in acquiring and managing research projects in the FMCG and Durables sector.
- You have a passion for international marketing and branding research.
- You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in either one of the social sciences (e.g. psychology, sociology, marketing) or Data Science, Business Administration or Econometrics.
- You speak and write fluently in English.
- Your attitude aligns with a startup environment: you are a flexible team player and have an entrepreneurial vision for your field of work.
- It would also be a plus if you have experience in value-based segmentation and international trend research.
- We are Amsterdam based and often work together at the office. For this position you need to be based in the Netherlands and eligible to work.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of an international team of highly skilled multi-disciplinary people based in Amsterdam and work in dynamic markets and on a variety of products and services.
- On-going training and professional development, designed to meet your needs.
- Gross salary between € 3500 and € 5500 per month depending on qualifications and experience.
- 25 paid days of annual leave.
- Competitive pension plan.
Does your future include Glocalities?
Glocalities is a fast-growing start-up: we are ambitious, independent, and influential on the one hand; small-scale, informal, and with a good atmosphere on the other hand. Teamwork within the company and close cooperation with our clients play a central role at Glocalities.
If you are interested and fit the requirements, please get in touch and apply for the job by sending your resume and cover letter to
No agency calls, please.