Vacancy: International business development director
Motivaction International is looking for an international business development director
Think global, act local
Do you want to rise up against Goliath? Do you aspire to understand the disruptive change that is going on around the world and do you want to create a better marketing future for international brands which want to think global yet act local? Do you love putting your commercial skills to the test? Then join our team and step up to promote Motivaction’s Glocalities!
Glocalities: Resonate with consumer values and boost your business
Motivaction International is an Amsterdam-based research and consultancy agency with cutting-edge expertise in targeting and values segmentation. With the Glocalities research program that covers 75% of the world economy, we hold a unique position in global market research. We are an agile, flexible and hi-tech market research company that assists its clients to grow internationally. Thanks to Glocalities, we possess in-depth knowledge, cross-cultural data and web-based tools to unlock, identify, profile and persuade target groups via effective marketing in more than 24 key economies around the globe.
Motivaction uses the web revolution to take international market research one step further by globalizing and effectively applying our state-of-the-art values segmentation and persuasive targeting methods and expertise. With the Glocalities program, which is on the market since 2014, we serve high-level clients and premium brands in a multitude of sectors (e.g. FMCG, charity, durables, finance and the public sector). Since 2014 we have assisted premium multinationals to expand their business in more than 20 countries around the globe.
Looking for you?
We are in search of a commercial expert who will help us expand our business successfully worldwide. You will have the primary task of acquiring new international clients and approach senior-level decision makers from the global brands that were included in our international surveys. You must be able to approach and convince senior level managers such as CMOs and Insight Managers. You must click with the Glocalities program and embrace our creative, focused and social culture and our ambition to grow fast.
- Undertake new business activities in favorable markets
- Create smart target lists together with the Glocalities program director, approach the defined prospects and clients, and meet with them to discuss opportunities
- Translate rapidly-changing business and technology issues into relevant business proposals for our (potential) clients
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts and assure an appropriate sales pipeline
- Challenge the thinking of our clients to help them attain their goals in new ways
- All of the above should result in you meeting your business targets
We are in search of a sales professional who has the ability to open doors at an international executive level. Therefore, experience in (consultative) selling research and consulting services to senior and board level marketeers is a must-have. Moreover, since our products also demand abstract thinking, we value intellectual excellence and brightness.
As our ideal candidate, you fit the following profile:
- You have been around as a professional in our industry for at least 10 years and you understand the issues and topics that are relevant in today’s globalizing economy.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with (new) business development, successfully selling international market research projects (qualitative, quantitative, segmentation).
- You can manage your personal sales strategies and know how to create results, even when the heat is on.
- You have an extensive active network and a good reputation in commercial market research and consultancy.
- You are being described by colleagues and friends as enthusiastic, socially conscious (multinational), intelligent, persevering.
- You have a nose for opportunities and a talent for materializing them.
- You have effective presentation, networking, and negotiation skills.
- You have a team player mindset: proven skills for effective collaboration in multidisciplinary teams.
- You have a startup mentality (e.g. wanting to leave a big bureaucratic market research chain to join an innovative, agile and disruptive startup).
- You hold a master’s degree in marketing or one of the social sciences (e.g. psychology, sociology, communication studies).
- You are a true cosmopolitan who is used to travelling for work. You currently live in the Netherlands or within reasonable traveling distance of Amsterdam.
- You speak fluent English and one or more of the following languages: Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Spanish.
- An environment where your initiative to explore and your ownership to create success is stimulated, valued and rewarded.
- Plenty of facilities to invest in your personal and professional development.
- The opportunities to dedicate your talents and expertise for our clients.
- A competitive benefits package that will be ‘made to measure’.
- An international working environment supported by home base (an excellent office location in the heart of Amsterdam).
Does your future include Motivaction?
Motivaction is a great company to work for: ambitious, independent and influential on the one hand; small-scale, informal and with a good atmosphere on the other hand. Teamwork within the company and close cooperation with our clients play a central role at Motivaction.