Culture and Leisure
Target group and market-based thinking in the culture sector
The culture sector is sharply focused on content and quality. Over the past several years, an intensified focus on marketing and communications has been added to these efforts; these days, museums and the theater arts are judged more critically on the basis of their visitor numbers and the corresponding justification that goes along with this. Reaching a broad audience is an important factor. Events, merchandising, and a target-group focus are necessary ingredients. Many cultural organizations develop independent hospitality businesses for example, not only as a meeting place for visitors, but also to generate a supplementary source of income.
Motivaction has extensive knowledge of and a large network within the culture sector. We assist and advise organizations in their efforts to further professionalize their organization, and in achieving more effectiveness in their policies and marketing activities. Through the tight coordination of research, marketing and communications, you will be in a better position to use scarce resources more effectively in your daily decision-making processes.
You will receive answers to questions such as:
- Who is the audience?
- Are you attracting the visitors you want?
- How can you estimate beforehand how successful a performance will be?
- What is in line with the spirit of the times?
- How are you relevant for new target groups, such as young people or New Dutch citizens?
- How can you reach groups which are motivated by other factors?
- How and through which network can you raise additional funds?
- How can you attract leisure consumers?
Factors for success in the leisure market
The leisure market is a very extensive one, encompassing activities such as travel, sports, recreation, computer games, going out, dining out, camping and many more. These days, more and more Dutch citizens are electing to spend their vacations in the Netherlands. The Dutch are taking fewer trips abroad, and are spending even more on vacations in their own country, on shopping for pleasure, and on going to movies and museums. Dutch cities are creating images for themselves using city-marketing campaigns, and the Netherlands is promoting itself internationally with attractive propositions for foreign tourists such as cultural, nature and beach activities.
Leisure is perception. To create perceptions, it is essential to know what motivates leisure consumers and what goes into their decision-making processes. In combination with our extensive target group knowledge, we conduct image and positioning research for the leisure market, and perform communications and product tests.
- Grolsch: researching and testing new bottle
- Scheepvaartmuseum: Persona's op basis van Mentality
- Army Museum: research new target groups
- NOC*NSF: research of sports experience Dutch people
- Provincie Drenthe: Onderzoek geluidshinder TT-circuit Assen
- NH: Persona's voor eenduidig beeld van doelgroep
- Staatsbosbeheer: respond to needs with Personas
- KNVB: research football participation 'Nieuwe Nederlanders'
- Audax Publishing: Onderzoek beleving lezers Girlz!